Japan Extravaganza Part 1


I've been slacking with the blog a bit, because I have been busy. Last month my friend Nicole came to Japan and we traveled around for a week. First we went to Osaka and met up with some of my friends. And what did we take Nicole out for her first night in Tokyo? Mexican food! Mmm, tastes like America. I think it wasn't exactly what she had in mind, but I promised her she would have the chance to eat plenty of Japanese food. The castle on the left is Osaka-Jo. It looks cool on the outside, but the inside is all mode
rn. We also went to aquarium. I must say, Japanese people know how to make an aquarium. When you go to an aquarium, do you want to learn about lowland marsh ecosystems, blah, blah , blah? Heck no! You want to see kawaii (cute) animals, and the Japanese are all about all things cute, so you just get to look at a whole aquarium full of guys like this...awww. The next day we took a train to Koya-San, a sacred mountain for Japanese buddism. We stayed at a temple overnight, which was really beautiful. Dinner was a vegetarian meal with many different dishes. This is how big a dinner is when we have work parties. Japanese dinners are huge! The women who owned the temple came and spoke to us in amazing English, because she studied English Literature at Tokyo University, the best school in Japan, before World War II. It was not common for a woman to go there in those days. Nicole and I were exhausted after dinner and were told the only night activity to do was to walk to the cemetery and hour away. So we set out just intending to walk 10 minutes into town and back and wound up walking to the cemetery and back even though it took three hours. We woke up in the morning at six to do buddhist chanting and then did the whole walk again.
The cemetery was so cool looking the daylight, full of tombstones and tall trees. Since I am going to bed now, I think talking about this trip is going to be broken up into multiple parts. Peace. 

3 Comments:
At 7:00 PM,
Leslie said…
Hey! Your mexican food picture is great! Looks delicious. It kinda makes me sad though, because I am about to eat my bentoo for lunch :(
Why do you torture me Japanese food? Why, oh why?
At 11:55 PM,
Anonymous said…
car insurance san diego
progressive car insurance quote
car insurance n
cheapest car insurance
auto insurance company
best car insurance rate
car insurance estimate
young driver car insurance
car insurance dallas
car insurance quote canada
budget car insurance
compare car insurance
compare car insurance quote
cheap car insurance rate
cheap car insurance quote
car insurance rating
discount car insurance
car insurance n
admiral car insurance
car insurance coverage
new york car insurance
car insurance quote online uk
car insurance n
aig car insurance
norwich union car insurance
buy car insurance
geico car insurance quote
car insurance houston
mercury car insurance
compare car insurance quote
http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com
Random Keyword: :)
compare car insurance quote
At 7:57 AM,
Lisa's Friend said…
You experienced very deep side of Japan, such as "Koyasan". Though I have not been there, I'm glad young foreign girl have interest in Japanese culture.
I recommend you to go to Kyoto on next occasion. You will see traditional things and new things are living together like Matsue in recent days.
Post a Comment
<< Home